Suitcase Stylings: Los Angeles (an abaya look)

I went to L.A when I was fourteen and walked down sunset boulevard and stood outside Grauman's Chinese Theatre and pressed my hands into the cement to see what movie actress had the same size hands and feet as me. I came up with Rita Hayworth. Marilyn Munroe's hands were genormous!!!!!! LOL, funny how places like these are pilgrimages for non-muslims. Would WAAAAAAAAAAAY rather run around the Kaba in Hajj:D

Well, I was asked to come up with a couple California looks, and we'll start with L.A.: stars in this abaya conjure Hollywood nights. Abaya http://www.desertstore.com/abaya/balloon-sleeves-abaya-1785.html for $62.72 USD. I'd totally style this Roxy print scarf http://www.buckle.com/product/product_detail.jsp;jsessionid=JMlfyjTGzB1wFkkQmk14Lhkb20JnyTyHyttNVGvF5vHHtbkWs3mn!-1392185229?prd=74910454C13MU&cm_mmc=LinkShare*Women%27s%2520Accessories*Roxy%2520Providence%2520Scarf&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-feLAp3hPdyGD5ue4uRGMYw&sku=7487490000&bmUID=1238115711268 for $22.00 USD into a niqab (were I famous, like if they ever want to add a Muslimah character on the Desperate Housewives cast). I like it with vintage style accessories (shades of course) in retro shapes. Does it work for you Melissa?

Comments

Ange said…
i have honestly always hated that abaya... but you made it look good here!

just goes to show how much imgaination i had
Melissa said…
Ooh, so glamorous! I really love it!
Thanks! I love the pinks and blues together.
Pixie said…
Ange: I hated it at first and now I want it:D
Unknown said…
Salaam Pixie
Love love love the abaya:)) i grew up in riiyadh and about 2-3 yrs ago these new abayas with little crystal detailing(the shopkeepers at the souks call them diamond lol) and pearl encrusted ones came out and i honestly dint care for them much:P now i look at this and wish i d bought atleast one back then cos this looks classy and glamorous without being over-the-top with the sparkles. thats my sister's thing,but she's only 16 and i am glad she wears the hijab,never mind the sparkles:P
about running around the Kaabah- honey mashallah there are so many pilgrims coming there you can only manage a slow leisurely stroll,which might even become snail-pace! forget running,no scope for a brisk walk either:)I love your blog btw!