Egyptian Cotton Jalibiyias/ Galabiyias

I love Egyptian cotton jalibiyias. I wear them around the house and fancier ones for special occasions. I don't wear them out as jilbab very often because in my husband's culture they are expressly an inner garment but I think they work perfect as a jilbab. These are some of the ones I love. Right now this site Al Jilbab is having a small summer sale, and if you buy the less expensive ones, you can get four for $100 +shipping. I miss Oman where I could buy four for $30.00 :D The shipping is what is expensive with this site, not the garments.
Above is how I tend to wear my cotton jalibiyias when I wear them as hijab (but with more chest coverage from the hijab). And when I wear it at home I tend to pair it with more jewelry like crazy earrings, fun party make up, and my hair styled nicely.

Comments

Unknown said…
hope u dont mean this hair and make up shown on the pic cos its sooooo ugly
Amina said…
Sweetie, knock yourself out styling and getting all nice for your husband. When you get children inshAllah ALL of that will stop overnight :0 hi hi hi
Pixie said…
Aisha: NO, but I wear pretty chandelier earrings and make up I wouldn't feel comfortable wearing around men:D
Pixie said…
Aisha: my friend Boxie thought so too... But I kind like the hair clip.
Pixie said…
Amina: My mother didn't stop dressing up for my Dad when she had us:D it only takes me about five minutes:D
Anonymous said…
Assalamu alaikom,
Isn't that the lead singer from the 80s band Dead or Alive? Ugh, I shouldn't have said that. But dang, that's a LOT of makeup. heh

Those abayas are cheap around here but they are just a little too "festive", I guess is the word, for me to wear out. Plus I know a lot of people look at them as house dresses, not something to wear out. I had a few but they shrunk in the wash. Oops.
Pixie said…
eyes serene: wa alaykom e salaam ramatullah wa barakto. LOL, k, I don't have too many pics of Arabic make up but I can replace these with a better one?:D These pics had make up and earrings though, and that's what I generally wear with my jalibiyias. And headbands and crystal berettes.:D
umm muhammad said…
Assalamu alaikum,
great post can't wait for the rest!
Anonymous said…
Assalamu alaikom,
Oh, I was only joking around, not being serious about that! :)
Anonymous said…
I know these posts are a couple of years old, but just in case you happen to see this, have you had any problems with gelabiya from Al Jilbab shrinking?

Thanks.