Pure Pixie

Everything in this collage I really own except for the patent heels---those are flats in my day to day as I walk a few kilometers every night and every morning. The abaya with ruched satin sleeves is from http://www.sunnahstyle.com/product_info.php?pName=ruched-satin-sleeved-butterfly-abaya&cName=abayas-butterfly for $49.99 USD and it is soooooo easy to wear. I like to wear maxi dresses or coloured jeans (grey, pink, purple, green and yellow). I have a crummy scratched up pink motorolla cellohone and white rimmed sunglasses, and always keep my earrings on the big and dangling side under my hijab. I just bought this Betsey Johnson purse today (for about a quarter of its current retail value) and a matching pink keffiyah ($10.00 bucks that CAD). My beauty regime: I like mousse concealer in ivory, chocolate scented shampoo, pink eye shadow, sometimes an eyebrow pencil and that is it for day. Not the most awesome outfit, but something I like and am comfy in.

Comments

I love the elegance of black abayas but I'd never be comfortable in tight jeans ~ how do you breathe?!

I'm stuck back in baggy stretch cords and baggy shirts because I'm preggo. :-| They make me look like a frumpy pear!!

Fashion contiues to elude me. The only thing I can pull off is kaftans. Anything pants-and-shirt is impossible as I look like a sofa!
Safiya Dafiya said…
Salaams... how do you like the ruched sleeves from SunnahStyle? I have several of their abayas but my past experience with other retailers itchy sweaty ruched sleeves make me hesitant. They are having a sale right now BTW :) Oh and why do you walk so much?
Pixie said…
Coffee Catholic: LOL, yeah, I hate tight jeans too when I am a healthy weight, but right now I weigh 90 lbs despite eating more than than those around me (I have a medical condition that makes it difficult for me to keep weight on). [Everyone: please make dua/pray for me that I'll gain another ten lbs!!!]. When you are kids' size, tight still fits kinda loose. My mother was also the same. To this day, she weighs in at 80 lbs and she is five inches taller than me. I get annoyed at people who are a healthy weight and talk of losing weight because it is bad i.e you can get sick very easily, at a minute weight.

Ohhhh I love to wear caftans. I have five cotton ones, and some fancier ones. Almost every women out there lookse elegant in those. My favourite are dresses. Since I am underweight, I feel glam in jersey columns. When I am a healthier weight, I love chiffon fabric instead of jersey. LOL, but jersey gives me the illusion of more skin than I've got. Funny thing is though, I've still got a chest and a butt and thicker thighs... Curcy girls who wanna lose their thighs... unless you go down to 76 lbs it's not happening (that is of course, if you are five foot one like me:D)
Pixie said…
Reverts Secret: thank-you. I wore this abaya so much I wore it out.
Pixie said…
Safiya Dafiya: wa alaykom e salaam ramatullah wa barakato Safiya....

I wore this abaya alot in the winter and fall even though it is a light fabric, because I prefered to wear sleeves under the ruching (simply cuz the fabric is not satin just a shiny wind-breaker type of fabric) but I never found it to be itchy. You might have more sensitive skin than me though. They do have butterfly abayaat on the website that have no ruching on the sleeves. Maybe that is an option for you?