LOL, a polka-dot niqab for Sarah


Comments

Stacy K. said…
LOL! My husband would refuse to walk next to me if I wore that!
Pixie said…
Stacy: Me too. Though my husband is just trying to discourage me from wearing niqab cause I've already been attacked for wearing my khimar let alone a niqab. I am determined though:D
Anonymous said…
Not my style either, but I guess I could wear a plain pink niqab :D
Yasemin said…
Mashallah but maybe it would have been better with white polka dots or something less severe. I still like it, but just wish it matched my skin tone. Love you so much habibty.
Nana said…
Selam sister,

What an inapropriate picture for this lady is in some sort of grieving.
umm muhammad said…
Assalamu alaikum, I have a quick question off topic but I have heard that your hijab is suppose to be down to your eyebrows like the poka dot hijab shown, is that only when wearing niqab, how much forehead can you show, have you ever heard of this?
jazakallah khair
Pixie,
I was reading your post about, "History of Christian 'Hijab' so Muslimahs know why we are to dress differently."

You made fantastic points about what St. Paul says in the bible but I wanted to point something out that's very important: (and this is not meant to be any kind of debate about Catholicism, Protestantism, and Islam...)

Up until the Protestant Reformation the bible was never considered to be our authority. The **Church** was our authority and we had to obey the **Church.**

(Remember, this isn't a debate about if this is right or wrong. I'm just stating fact.)

And since the very beginning of the Christian faith the Church has taught, and it's documented hundreds of times, (and I have all of the writings for the first 300+ years of the Christian church), that women **are** to cover for modesty. Not just for prayer but for modesty. And not only that, they are to cover their throats, necks, and chests, just like Muslim women.

As a matter of fact one early Church "Father" stated that the Arabian women would be our judges because they cover their faces! The niqab is actually the highest form of modesty even for a Christian woman!

The bible is not meant to be the "One Stop Shop" for Christians and this is why it often doesn't carefully explain something in full detail or remains vague about a topic.

This is where Protestants falter ~ they try to rely solely on the bible, something that was never meant to be. And liberal Catholic women refuse to obey the authority of the Church. So they're basically Protestants.

The Church, not the bible, would make the difinitive ruling and the ruling has always been, even today at this very moment, that women are to cover their hair, necks, throats, and bosoms for modesty.

So if a Christian woman does not cover for modesty she is in the wrong. If I walk out of my house with an underscarf across my forehead and a scarf all the way around my head, neck, throat, and bosom, I'm not "looking Muslim" ~ I'm **being modest** !
Pixie said…
Hijab chic: that would be pretty.
Pixie said…
Lisa: yeah, I agree. But this siter is actually just holding her turkish hijab up to her face:D
Pixie said…
Umm Muhummad: wa alaykom e salaam ramatullah wa barakto---- I am always of the opinion that covering more is better, and some sisters think it is best to cover the eyebrows as well as the hair since the eyebrows often show what colour a woman's hair is, but I have read nothing to say covering them is wajib for the khimar, only the that it was sunnah to have done so with niqab.
Pixie said…
Coffee Catholic: that is very interesting to have stated by a Christian woman (lol, you are growing minority these days.
Pixie said…
Nana: Wa alaykom e salaam ramatullah wa barakto sister... I am not making fun of her. And she has everything covered that must be?????
Pixie said…
BTW, the LOL, is directed at a sister Sarah who joked about wanting a polka dot niqab, not at the woman in the pic.
Nana said…
Oh, swettie, I did not imply that you made fun of her. Not in the least bit. What I implied...ahhhh forget it...
Umm Mohammad, asalaamu `alaikum wa rahmatullah Sis!!

I wear a niqaab or ghashwa (depends on what I feel like wearing that day) and when I wear the niqaab, I leave my eyebrows showing. Why? Because if I don't pull it above them, then the face cover slides down my nose and looks weird. Some women here actually make the niqaab to rest on the tip of their nose and it looks kinda weird :/

Even when I wear a half niqaab and a ghashwa, I still leave my eyebrows showing (personal preference).
Pixie said…
Aalia: It looks cute on you. But that is not the way Aisha R.A or Um Salamah is documented to have worn it, so if you are of the opinion that niqab is fard I am of the opinion the yebrows should be covered:D

Friends through fiqh and thin remember?:D
Pixie said…
Nana: Sorry, I--- lol,--- still don't know what you mean though. How do you know she is sad and not just covering her face????
Yeah... I don't think that lady looks sad. More like she's looking at something or resting while thinking. Or maybe saying, "I can't wait to get this thing OFF of my head!"
Sarah said…
lol thanks pixie, btw i never wear polka dots, i feel silly wearing polka dots. although your polka dot hijab was very cute on you at jummah a few weeks ago :)
Anonymous said…
I love it! I would totally wear it! Maybe layered with a black one, too? So the polka dotted one acts more like an accent...meh, I don't know know how to describe what's in my head, lol

(I'm starting to experiment with wearing headscarves - yay!)

-Ducky
Pixie said…
Sarah: LOL, I know you were joking.
Pixie said…
Gidds: I'll try! I tend to be active even in impractical shoes lol, so I'll work on the swim cap....
Pixie said…
Ducky: i love to wear two scarves!!!!