WE'VE ARRIVED

Alhamdulilah, today I woke up hearing the fajr the adhan. Boxie (see her blog here and go to her profile for her travel diary http://and4somethingdifferent.blogspot.com/) and I have been here a few days now (since the 21st) and I LOOOOOOOVE the adhan so much. But ya'll already know that. For those of you that didn't (until now) hearing the adhan is what led me to Islam.

We are staying with our girl Aalia (from her blog Chasing Jannah). She met us at the airport stylishly attired, in a (stylishly tailored but not-too-tight) plain black front-opening abaya from "First Lady", a flash of a pink satin skirt at the ankles appearing with every kick of her foot's step. Gashwa down over her eyes and the corner of her pink satin trimmed shayla styled to hang down the back gracefully down from the pouf of the gashwa. She got my text from the plane saying that we'd be late and wanted to know why...

to read the rest of the story, follow this link http://desertdiaryuae09.blogspot.com/2009/09/weve-arrived.html

Comments

Almallena said…
Asalaam walikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu, I just wanted to let you know that I missed seeing your posts and I'm very pleased to be reading your blog again (limited access to internet before). Anywho may Allah bless you and your family sis. please feel free to hit me up on rare_muslima@hotmail.com. k masalaama
Stacy K. said…
You ladies are just so adorable and stylish! I can't wait to hear more from the trip as it progresses. Enjoy every day InshaAllah!
Lamoure said…
Glad you made it safely.

Alhamdolillah!