PIXIE HERE: Asking for your help

Dear Longtime Readers:

Some fo you have been with me since the days of Beautiful Muslimah and the Bride Wears Hijab blogs.

I know, of late, I TOTALLY haven't been a consistant blogger, but that's because my life has been crazy. Again, I ask your forgiveness.

And for the first time since I started blogging, I am asking for your help, for me.

I need you to help me if I ever helped you in any way (BE IT HIJAB, something else in Islam) Islamically, through this blog or in IRL, by writing letters saying that you know I am a Muslim, and that I helped you.

No, I don't love to be coated in praise, and I am not asking for these letters because I am some kind of egomaniac, but I am in a position where I have to prove I am (most of the time;) ) a decent muslimah [for some period of time] who is useful to the ummah in some small way, so that I can be granted an oppurtunity that I desperately need.

The situation: I am appealing to someone just, in an unjust situation, to appeal on my behalf for permission to be granted an oppurtunity it is halal and needed in my life, and they suggested I ask my readers to contribute to that appeal.

Please help me if I:

a.) ever encouraged you when you had weak Iman.
b.) answered a question you needed to know the answer to about women's role in Islam or otherwise.
c.) helped you make the decision to make your shahada
d.) helped you be strong enough to wear your hijab, be it a scarf, jilbab, or niqab.
e.) Helped you come back to Islam after professed apostasy
f.) [if you are a non-muslim] helped you to be less afraid, and more understanding of Muslims.

Send any such letters to the following email address (if you can write in Arabic, please send your letter in Arabic): bm_pixie@hotmail.com

Jazzakallahkheir, and please forgive me for asking. It is just, that I am not believed on my own.

Comments

Salaam alaikum,

What kind of a person questions another Muslim's value/character that one feels the need to have OTHER PEOPLE send testimonies?!?!

What the heck is going on :-/
Anonymous said…
Assalamualaykum Pixie,

I don't get the reason why need the letters. Could you explain further? How will it be used exactly and do I need to give any personal information from my end? Sounds kind of serious, is it government related?
Do you mean how your blog in particular has helped, like the posts. Do I refer to them by links?

Thank You

Ws
aliciav63 said…
Hi, Pixie..Hope all is well with you..I do not comment or post on your blog..but this time I am because I sent you an email to help out in your request. As an avid reader of your blog I go back to your writings over and over to learn and inform myself, I am not a Muslim YET! but am seriously considering it thanks to your lovely blog that started the process.Sending you my most grateful appreciation and love, Alicia.
Pixie said…
aalia: wa alaikom e salaam ramatullahi wa barakto,

don't worry, it isn't anything evil, but I have to prove I have done some kind of dawah before, which I have no proof of other than ILH and a few non-Arabic speaking reverts:)

as it will help me get into somehwere I have to get into:) and get out of something I need to get out of ;)
Pixie said…
Alicia: If there is anything at all that you need help with, let me know:) and thank you for taking the time to write your letter.
Pixie said…
Anon: wa alaikom e salaam ramatullahi wa barakto,

It is for an application of sorts into something Islamic, and also to get me out of a small bit of hassle. Not in being too lazy to study or anything like that but;)

No, the letters are supposed to be general, not specific.