ONLINE SHOPPING REVIEW: Imaan Collections, rating of 8.8

As ya'll probably know, I moved to the GCC, abaya capital of the world. I rarely, if ever shop online anymore. I don't like to be overcharged for designer knock-offs or chance being ripped on a new site since product reviews from hijabi bloggers are often on items they received without ordering anonymously, thus they have no idea what shipping is like for the average customer, or dealing with complaints ect... and I like to touch the fabrics in hand, and go to my own personal tailor so everything fits just right. But alot of you sisters can't jet to ME to get your hijab-style-fix, so I shall do my reviews through anonymous purchases, or through friends who ordered. The site up for review today is UK based Imaan Collections. Website: www.imaancollections.com . The item pictured is the item I ordered, albeit almost four years ago now. I also ordered another, pure silk jilbab, almost five-six years ago now from here.

1.) The items actually arrived and could be worn on arrival as Islamic wear: yes, although the trousers worn underneath were too big for me, the jilbab was fine.
2.) The items arrived in the time stated they would: my item took a very, very long time, due to the distance I suppose. I will give them a 0.7 for this.
3.) Items were sized correctly, and well constructed: Not the trousers but the abaya/jilbab. 0.5 if I am being picky. Items were well-constructed.
4.) Items looked exactly as pictured on the website: yes.
5.) Beautiful, efficient packaging. Yep. Some of the nicest you'll find.
6.) Fabrics were suitable for climates they were advertised for (and one item was pure silk!)
7.) The brand offers versatility---they feature a wide product array: a wide array of jilbabs, from formal to street-wear.
8.) Items are well-priced: yeah, not really but they are quality so .900 here because they are actually made in U.K. not China or by badly paid tailors soooo.
9.) Designs are original to the brand: Yep.
10.) The items featured on the website are not 5 years behind trends: I'd like to see a new collection. 0.700

I will rate all online websites on the following criteria, on the basis of one mark for each item being fulfilled. I will deduct 2 points for any issues in the website to respond to complaints, and 5 for websites that do not offer returns or replacements for damaged goods.
Rating for Imaan Collections stands thus far at 8.8/10 because I had some issues with sizing (trousers and jilbab size didn't match), and overall affordability, and would like to see some new designs not just in the occasions wear section.

Comments

Anonymous said…
asalaamualaikum...yea I remember them...are they still around though because I havent been seeing them putting up new stuff. Hmmm...whatcha think?
Pixie said…
Um Ibrahim: I am sure they are still around. But I think they are slow when it comes to making new collections.