ONLINE SHOPPING REVIEWS: Abaya Addict, rating of 9.1? (due to reader's comment I have changed my mind)

I take my reader's concerns serriously. Apparently Abaya Addict has changed since I ordered, many sisters have not recieved their items in the quality or time promised?: I am sorry if my review led anyone to be ripped off. I wrote it a long long long time ago now. One reader's comment:

Abaya Addict has ripped me and others off to the point where I don't even want to order from any company online. Worst customer service ever. If the clothing does arrive after maybe months, if that, its poor quality and high price shipping. Can almost never get an email back.These people don't care about customers, so take your business where its appreciated. Theres so many complaints against them, and its sad that they would treat the ummah this way. Bloggers, please order from them independently and see, you will be waiting a long time for your packages, never get a return email, no refund etc. This company is bad news all around, and me and too many other sisters have spoken out against their bad business practices. So this is the real [another more up to date] review.
PREVIOUSLT POSTED: As ya'll probably know, I moved to the GCC, abaya capital of the world. I rarely, if ever shop online anymore. I don't like to be overcharged for designer knock-offs or chance being ripped on a new site since product reviews from hijabi bloggers are often on items they recieved without ordering anonymously, thus they have no idea what shipping is like for the average customer, or dealing with complaints ect... and I like to touch the fabrics in hand, and go to my own personal tailor so everything fits just right. But alot of you sisters can't jet to ME to get your hijab-style-fix, so I shall do my reviews through anonymous purchases, or through friends who ordered. For site up for review is UAE-founded Abaya Addict. Website: www.abayaaddict.com . I ordered from Abaya Addict a long while ago. They did not know I was a fashion-blogger, or that I would write a review and I did not recieve my goods on promotion. The items pictured are the items I ordered.

1.) The items actually arrived and could be worn on arrival as Islamic wear: erm, kind of. The items did actually arrive but were a little tight, and I did order them in a bigger size. This site advertises more fitted clothes so it is the responsibility of hijabi to wear them as correct hijab upon arrival. 0.500 on this issue because the clothes did arrive.
2.) The items arrived in the time stated they would. Full marks here.
3.) Items were sized correctly, and well constructed: I have to give them full marks because the item WAS pictured quite fitted.
4.) Items looked exactly as pictured on the website. Yep.
5.) Beautiful, efficient packaging. Yep.
6.) Fabrics were suitable for climates they were advertized for (almost---Oman & UAE are hot but the dress holds up well at house parties or the mall) and peplum requires a thicker fabric.
7.) The brand offers versatility---they feature a wide product array: definately---the abayas are all loose and this dress only had a problem because it was not necessarily designed as jilbab.
8.) Items are well-priced: yeah, not really but .600 here because what other trendy sites do we have online?
9.) Designs are original to the brand. Yep.
10.) The items featured on the website are not 5 years behind trends. Definately!

I will rate all online websites on the following criteria, on the basis of one mark for each item being fulfilled. I will deduct 2 points for any issues in the website to respond to complaints, and 5 for websites that do not offer returns or replacements for damaged goods.
Rating for Abaya Addict stands thus far at 9.1/10 but if these items had been purchased on sale, or were loose fitted without the arms being too long ect.. I'd probably give them a 10.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Abaya Addict has ripped me and others off to the point where I don't even want to order from any company online.
Worst customer service ever
If the clothing does arrive after maybe months, if that, its poor quality and high price shipping
Can almost never get an email back
These people don't care about customers, so take your business where its appreciated. Theres so many complaints against them, and its sad that they would treat the ummah this way.
Bloggers, please order from them independently and see, you will be waiting a long time for your packages, never get a return email, no refund etc. This company is bad news all around, and me and too many other sisters have spoken out against their bad business practices.
So this is the real review.