ONLINE SHOPPING REVIEWS: Sunnah Style, rating of 9.3


As ya'll probably know, I moved to the GCC, abaya capital of the world. I rarely, if ever shop online anymore. I don't like to be overcharged for designer knock-offs or chance being ripped on a new site since product reviews form hijabi bloggers are often on items they recieved without ordering anonymously, thus they have no idea what shipping is like for the average customer, or dealing with complaints ect... and I like to touch the fabrics in hand, and go to my own personal tailor so everything fits just right. But alot of you sisters can't jet to ME to get your hijab-style-fix, so I shall do my reviews through anonymous purchases, or through friends who ordered. For site up for review is Canadian based Sunnah Style. Website: www.sunnahstyle.com  . Now, it's been a long time since I ordered, but I always found that Sunnah Style was pretty awesome for quick easy Islamic basics, like  modest plain black abaya and shaylas. I still have some of my shaylas. I never liked the coloured fabrics though, they just weren't good enough even for winter in the Gulf, and the niqabs were way too wide for my face and the coloured fabric was scratchy feeling. That said, this is how I rate online shopping experiences:
1.) The items actually arrived and could be worn on arrival as Islamic wear: [Except for the niqabs which didn't fit me] 0.9 mark here
2.) The items arrived in the time stated they would: Usually sooner than expected.
3.) Items were sized correctly, and well constructed: I still have my shaylas and the abayas are still being worn by sisters in Canada.
4.) Items looked exactly as pictured on the website.
5.) Beautiful, clean, efficient packaging: good enough to get a full one mark.
6.) Fabrics were suitable for climates they were advertized for (Canada and USA).
7.) The brand offers versatility---they feature a wide product array: as they are an essentials site I'll give them a half mark.
8.) Items are a bit pricey: prices are still more than I'd pay in the GCC+ shipping but their shipping is very cheap so I'll give them 0.9 here. Their abayas are more affordable than other sites, that's for sure.
9.) Designs are original to the brand.
10.) The items featured on the website are essentials and so I won't grade them on trends.

I will rate all online websites on the following criteria. I will deduct 2 points for any issues in the website to respond to complaints, and 5 for websites that do not offer returns or replacements for damaged goods. Any of my complaints to Sunnah Style were immediately followed up on (the mistake was mine while ordering) and a delay in shipping they sent me a free (pricey) item.

Rating for Sunnah Style stands thus far at 9.3/10 because they are a reliable essentials site for Muslimahs looking for basics, and could have scored perfect if they had true Gulf-style niqabs. I'd rate them lower though, if they marketed themselves as a "on-trend" website.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Regarding SS...their quality and designs have indeed improved over there years...mashAllah...I really cant compare the items I got from them like 5-6 years ago to what I recently got from them, I also like how their basic-essentials...are pretty on trget with the basics you get in the Gulf...their Bisht abayaat are basically the same as you find in Saudi from the cheapo shops to the high class shops...cept their cuffs are massively wide...only downer. My only issue with them is sizing, id buy a plain abaya from them in a heartbeat but they are sized sooo big, so I juststick with the bishts...otherwise, I agree!