Sakeenah's TAG: THIS IS ME

[I like to take my father's old beat up work belts and wear them as MY belts over skirts and dresses, and I love wild print maxis and African accessories like wooden and beaded bangles]. I also like to dye my hair alot. Keep an eye out for my natural roots:p
__________________________________________________________________
Sakeenah: THIS IS A TAG FOR ALL THE FASHION BLOGGERS. POST PICTURES THAT RESEMBLE YOUR PERSONAL IN-HOME- STYLE (what is your non-hijab look). SO THAT WE GET A TASTE OF YOUR PERSONAL STYLE. So here's my style:
____________________________________________________________________
I hate jeans. I never buy them, unless they are vintage and already hemmed to my height and no more than $20.00. But I like coloured ones, pink, yellow, baby blue, seafoam... so I tend to pic these up from used stores. I only own one piece of denim.
I love the Americana-Parisian look designer Erin Fetherstin does, and that has sort of been my signature take on casual dressing. Lots of ruffly airy cocktail dresses worn in day with lady like coats and ovesize bags, or tights and oversize lady-like sweaters (before this was "IN" I'd buy plus-size for the length and use brooches and pins to get it all to fit my petit frame). For some reason I love puffy feather mini skirts, and ostrich feather vests. No idea why either.
I like to dress up, and always look for vintage Valentino and Dior pieces, and anything Oscar de la Renta (even his lower end labels found at Winners) because the pieces and look just suit my body very well. I found a Dior suit at this store called "The Patch" in my city for $10.00 CAD. I also mix these peices with trendier cheapo bits from Le Chateau, Jacobs (Jacobs isn't that cheap so this is actually my most expensive splurge and is usually a gift from my habibi), Sirens, Suzy Shier, and Urban Planet. Like t-shirts, tourist shorts, tights, the occasion vest or blazer, or structured button-up. I like the sale dress at Club Monaco and Jacobs since my size (0) is always left on the rack and I can get a good deal. I am cheap btw, he he he. My husband always asks me wear are you going in that, and I am like, um, to watch TV, or to clean my room.
I love headbands (since I hate styling my hair), and oversize chandelier earrings. They look dressed even if all I've got is a pony-tail or crummy looking bun.
And lipstick (pink, brown, red, coral, you name it, I wear it).
Coloured tights... Right now I really like the colour navy. But jewel-toned purple is "IN". But I like lilac.
For special occasions with my family I like to wear party jalabiyias with my hair down and earrings. But I'm afraid of ruining these so they are only a "party" thing.The rest of the time I am lounging in Egyptian-cotton jalabiyias. Which I wear as pajamas. I don't buy fancy lingerie or slips or anything, but I have vintage Victorian dressing gowns which kinda go with my four-poster bed he he he. And all my underwear is those cotton panties from the kids section at Wal Mart. Cuz they're comfy. But you didn't need to know that did ya??? Ahhh, too much information. Moving on.

I love khaki and olive pants. Cargo, linen trouser. With black sweater or grey tee, that is a casual me doing work around the house or my father's property (were we have a wood fireplace that involves me chopping and hauling wood). Pair with heels and someting chic and black, and sunglasses and diamond studs (fake--- NONE of my jewelry is real---I don't wear real), and my husband thinks I look great he he he. if only he knew.... Bwaaaah ha ha ha. I'm spending too much time with Aalia as she is the only one who laughs like that. [end post]

Comments

Janet said…
I’m really shocked that somebody actually wears clothes under their abaya. Most girls I know who wear abaya are half naked under there.